[erlang-questions] Time to update programming rules?

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt@REDACTED
Fri Sep 5 05:17:50 CEST 2008

Edwin Fine wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Please will you clarify what you mean by
>
> (a) we should not use them because they are inside out

I too would like some clarification on this. Is this because you
disapprove of the design (i.e. personal opinion), because the Erlang
developers have recommended it not be used (i.e. it is an experimental
or soon to be removed feature), or something else?

The idea of using the package support appeals to me as it will help keep
name-space conflicts to a minimum. As I understand the "packages.html"
page, this is pretty much ALL that the packages functionality offers.

--Ben