[erlang-questions] Erl getting stuck in SMP with 8 cores

Eranga Udesh eranga.erl@REDACTED
Mon Sep 1 18:51:58 CEST 2008

Good to know that Erl works successfully wh 8 or more intel cores. Do you
use 8 schedulers with threads/hipe enabled?

I run below test:run/0 to output time every sec. But even that's getting
stuck when the Erl node is experiencing this issue.

-module(test).
-compile(export_all).

run() ->
  spawn(?MODULE, run2, [1]),
  run2(2).
run2(Id) ->
  io:fwrite("Tick [~p]: ~p~n", [Id, time()]),
  timer:sleep(1000),
  run2(Id).