[erlang-questions] Erl getting stuck in SMP with 8 cores

Dave Smith dizzyd@REDACTED
Mon Sep 1 05:45:20 CEST 2008

2008/8/31 Eranga Udesh <eranga.erl@REDACTED>:
> Like I said earlier, the Erl node is not totall stucked. Single RPC commands
> work but recursive functions getting stuck. Running processes halts and
> "Reductions" don't increase. The Erl prompt is not responding when doing
> "to_erl"
> If you or anyboby run or tested Erlang with 8 or more Intel cores, pls let
> me know. I want to first narrow down the problem to identify if it's a
> problem only in my instalation or an Erl smp problem. If it's the
> former,much releaved.

FWIW, I use 8+ cores with hundreds of thousands of processes on Erlang
SMP on a daily basis and have not seen any of the problems you've
described. Do you have a minimal set of code that produces these
symptoms?

D.