[erlang-questions] Why isn't erlang strongly typed?

Dan Gudmundsson dgud@REDACTED
Wed Oct 22 09:09:37 CEST 2008

There is a reason there is no mnesia:read/2 and it is that the third argument
is the lock type which forces you to think what kind of lock you want on that object,
there is no need for that on the dirty_* functions.

It's no big deal to add it, but how many will use that instead of
mnesia:read(Tab,Key,write) without thinking.

/Dan
PS: I still think that EEP's should be used for language or major library re-writes and
     not minor backward compatible changes. I don't want people to spend time on
     meaningless meatings discussing if mnesia api should have a read/2 or read/3 or both.