[erlang-questions] What erlc flags are needed to compile native (HiPE) to run on smp-disabled runtime?

Kevin Scaldeferri kevin@REDACTED
Sun Oct 12 19:45:48 CEST 2008

On Oct 11, 2008, at 9:21 AM, Edwin Fine wrote:

> To generate native code for smp-enabled runtime using erlc is easy.
> I can't seem to make it happen for smp disabled runtime.
>
> If I start up Erlang with -smp disable and compile from within
> Erlang, then it does what I want (creates a natively-compiled beam
> for non-smp use).
>
> $ erl -smp disable
> 1> c(mymodule, [native, {hipe, o3}])
> {ok,mymodule}
> 8>
>
> But this is very inconvenient if a build system is created that
> relies on erlc. Is there a better way?

I'm not on a HiPE enabled system, but supposedly hipe:help_options()
will list the compile flags you can use.  Maybe you'll find something
there.

-kevin

PS: is there some secret HiPE documentation I've never managed to
find?  The "All you wanted to know" document is the best I've found,
but I am sad to say it does not tell me everything I want to know :-
(.  (Also, producing HTML versions of the docs would be nice.)