[erlang-questions] Erlang for a measurement system?

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed Nov 19 16:46:54 CET 2008

How precise do the measurements need to be?
You write "resolution of ms". If by that you mean +-1 ms,
then you're problably going to have to control the machine
pretty tightly, make sure that there are no cpu-bound tasks
that can prolong context switches, etc. If it's ok to be off
by some milliseconds now and again, then it will probably
work. You should use a multi-core machine and make sure that
the load stays fairly low.

 From a programming perspective, controlling different devices
was one of Erlang's core requirements from the start. It's
one of the things it does really, really well.

BR,
Ulf W