[erlang-questions] Erlang 3000?

Dave Smith dave.smith.to@REDACTED
Tue Nov 18 07:36:43 CET 2008

Applications are not language constructs, but it has become convention to
name module with the application name prepended with and '_' separator. This
is a crude namespace which, in most cases, is fine. A larger application
such as snmp, could benefit from packages, imo. How many times is a call to
snmp_generic made from other modules in the snmp application? (154 times).
 If packages were use, the module snmp.generic could be called from
snmp.standard_mib without needing to fully qualify the name.

The package hierarchy does not need to be deep.