[erlang-questions] poll: monitoring performance of production erlang nodes

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Sun Nov 2 22:59:12 CET 2008

Mickael,

On Nov 2, 2008, at 6:38 PM, Mickaël Rémond wrote:

> We have written our own supervision and monitoring tool for ejabberd
> that abstract all the Internal Erlang gory details.

Do you use SNMP? Why not?

> We can then set up alerts on the monitored values (currently more
> than 250 different values including Erlang and XMPP ones)

Does this require inserting timing code into the ejabberd code base,
e.g. T = now(), ..., Delta = timer:now_diff(now(), T)?

Do you store time series in ETS? How often do you collect?

	Thanks, Joel

--
wagerlabs.com