[erlang-questions] poll: monitoring performance of production erlang nodes

Paul Fisher pfisher@REDACTED
Sun Nov 2 19:02:09 CET 2008

Joel Reymont wrote:
> Forgive me for polling the community one last time...
>
> How do you folks with production Erlang systems monitor performance?
>
> I want to measure packet roundtrip to clients, memory use throughout
> the day, message queue lengths, etc.
>
> I have timings inserted in key places and a "statistics" server that
> collects the measurements in ETS. I can then ask for a data dump as
> CSV and analyze the data in a spreadsheet app or otherwise.
>
> How do YOU do it?

Statistics server/interface module that publishes the accumulated
statistics on 5 minute intervals into log messages.  We then persist and
analyze these over time in an offline process.

--
paul