[erlang-questions] cacherl memcached app startup problem question

db <>
Sat May 31 00:50:40 CEST 2008

I am not sure what the problem is.  Mnesia directory actually gets
created at /var/mensia/ but there is no content.
Is this something to do with disc_copies and any reason for using
disc_copies rather than ram_copies?  Another question, does cacherl
work with mysql memcached engine?

[ cacherl]# ./start.sh
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.1 [source] [smp:2]
[async-threads:30] [hipe] [kernel-poll:true]

Eshell V5.6.1  (abort with ^G)
=INFO REPORT==== 30-May-2008::17:16:51 ===
Creating mnesia table ns_default

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 30-May-2008::17:16:51 ===
     Supervisor: {local,memcached}
     Context:    start_error
     Reason:     {{badmatch,
     Offender:   [{pid,undefined},

=CRASH REPORT==== 30-May-2008::17:16:51 ===
    pid: <0.69.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {shutdown,{memcached,start,[normal,[]]}}
      in function  application_master:init/4
    initial call: application_master:init(<0.6.0>,<0.68.0>,
    ancestors: [<0.68.0>]
    messages: [{'EXIT',<0.70.0>,normal}]
    links: [<0.68.0>,<0.6.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 377
    stack_size: 23
    reductions: 87

=INFO REPORT==== 30-May-2008::17:16:51 ===
    application: memcached
    exited: {shutdown,{memcached,start,[normal,[]]}}
    type: temporary

=INFO REPORT==== 30-May-2008::17:16:51 ===
started TCP listener on

That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that
the nature of the thing itself is changed, but that our power to do is
-Ralph Waldo Emerson