[erlang-questions] bspawner: spawn distribution among distributed nodes

Bhasker Kode kode@REDACTED
Tue May 27 19:02:56 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Rick Pettit <rpettit@REDACTED> wrote:
> On Mon, May 26, 2008 2:04 am, Bhasker Kode wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I just wanted to announce of an the project i've just opened up called
>> bspawner.
>>
>> This project was an attempt to load-balance the task of spawning tasks
>> across multiple nodes . The steps involved can be isolated into a
>> couple of distinct problems.
>>   1. deciding which node needs to spawn a task
>>   2. communicating across these nodes
>>   3. maintaining a record of nodes, added /removed nodes ,etc
>
> I wonder how this compares to pool(3) ?
>
> -Rick

Hey,

I'm sure it does a much better job at what it says it does:

    * The slave nodes send regular reports to the master about their
current load.
    * Queries can be sent to the master to determine which node will
have the least load.

In fact , I wasn't aware of this module when I was working on
bspawner. It 's more of a experimental project than the full fledged
version that pool offers. I' ping back as soon as I do some comparison
though, and that might throw light on where pool does X better & why.

Keep Clicking,
~B