[erlang-questions] Distributed erlang problem

Serge Aleynikov saleyn@REDACTED
Wed Mar 19 14:15:53 CET 2008

When you are starting db1@REDACTED{1,2}-rep are you binding distributed
Erlang to the "rep" interface's IP address or using the default
(0.0.0.0)?  If the former then you wouldn't have a way for OMC to
connect to either node unless the connections are originated by the
db1@REDACTED{1,2}-rep nodes to OMC.  A work around could be to use a
separate gen_tcp (udp?) server listening on the "oam" interface and roll
out a custom protocol so that would detect incoming connection requests
(that are not based on Erlang's distribution), and cause
db1@REDACTED{1,2}-rep nodes to initiate connections to OMC.

If you are binding the "rep" nodes to 0.0.0.0 then there shouldn't be
any issue connecting from OMC unless there's a firewall restriction.

These links might be helpful:

http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-patches/2008-March/000236.html
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-patches/2008-March/000240.html

Serge