[erlang-questions] Erlang GUIs

Bob Cowdery bob@REDACTED
Sat Mar 15 19:20:37 CET 2008

David

I've tried three approaches, all of which work well depending on what
you want to do. There are of course other approaches.

wxErlang is an interface to the wxWidgets library and although it's
coverage is not 100% yet I've found it stable and good enough to write
reasonably complex GUI's. This is good if you want to stay entirely in
the Erlang world.

Java and Swing using the jInterface library. This also works very well
if you don't mind straying away from Erlang and don't mind some code
bloat in the interfacing.

Yaws and Erlyweb make a good pair but it depends on your interface
complexity and usability. You might actually end up with a good bit of
your ui code in java script using perhaps one of the Ajax libraries like
DoJo.

Just my pennyworth.

- Bob