[erlang-questions] Making the step from Erlang to Erlang/OTP

Paul Fisher pfisher@REDACTED
Tue Mar 11 22:08:43 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 07:53 +1100, David Mitchell wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm finding it difficult to jump from "pure" (for want of another
> term) Erlang code to OTP.

> If someone's gone through this process and can recommend some online
> tutorials/discussions/whatever that they found to be particularly
> useful, could you please highlight them?  There's a lot of OTP info
> out there, and I'm progressively wading through it all, but a pointer
> to what others have found particularly enlightening would be very
> handy at this point.

I found a few of the tutorials at trapexit.org the most instructive,
since they did things that I otherwise understood:

http://www.trapexit.org/Building_An_OTP_Application

http://www.trapexit.org/Building_a_Non-blocking_TCP_server_using_OTP_principles

http://www.trapexit.org/A_fast_web_server_demonstrating_some_undocumented_Erlang_features

--