[erlang-questions] Making the step from Erlang to Erlang/OTP

David Mitchell monch1962@REDACTED
Tue Mar 11 21:53:56 CET 2008

Hello all,

I'm finding it difficult to jump from "pure" (for want of another
term) Erlang code to OTP.

I can see that OTP is what I want to be using, but I'm struggling to
get my head around taking an existing non-OTP application and
converting it to run under OTP.

I've read through a bunch of OTP documentation online, but for
whatever reason it just isn't jelling in my brain at this point.  I
think I'm probably at the "information overload" point, and what I
need to see now is a walkthrough/tutorial type of document that I
haven't come across yet.  I can feel that "a-ha!" moment is coming,
but it's just out of reach at the moment.

If someone's gone through this process and can recommend some online
tutorials/discussions/whatever that they found to be particularly
useful, could you please highlight them?  There's a lot of OTP info
out there, and I'm progressively wading through it all, but a pointer
to what others have found particularly enlightening would be very
handy at this point.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Dave Mitchell