[erlang-questions] erlang sucks

Convey Christian J NPRI ConveyCJ@REDACTED
Mon Mar 10 16:45:25 CET 2008

> A rather disappointing article. Erlang does have warts, but
> of the 8 points made in the article, only 3 are valid in my
> opinion: the ones on records, documentation, and perhaps code
> organization. The documentation situation, for one, is bound
> to improve as the number of Erlang programmers grows. The
> other two probably will too, given enough push.

Just speaking from my own impression as a newcommer, I really agree with the original author about the separator-vs.-terminator issue.  The separators are a hassle for me.

Perhaps in order to make it work nicely, Erlang would need a major shake-up of its tokens and syntax, and thus the change wouldn't be worthwhile.  I'm just saying that if I could design Erlang's syntax from scratch it would largely reflect the author's concerns.