[erlang-questions] wkipedia rendering engine

Joe Armstrong <>
Mon Jun 30 11:39:57 CEST 2008

I was at the erlang exchange and heard the *magnificant*  talk

"Building a transactional distributed data store with Erlang", by
Alexander Reinefeld.

I'll be blogging this as soon as I have the URL of the video of the talk.

(in advance of this there was talk at the google conference on scalability

oh and they also seem to have won the SCALE 2008 prize at the
CCGrid conferense in Lyon but there is zero publicity about this AFAICS

We (collectively) promised to help Alexander - I promised to provide him with a
rendering engine (in Erlang) for the wikipedia markup language.

Before I start hacking has anybody done this before?

/Joe Armstrong