[erlang-questions] wkipedia rendering engine

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Mon Jun 30 11:39:57 CEST 2008

Hi,

I was at the erlang exchange and heard the *magnificant*  talk

"Building a transactional distributed data store with Erlang", by
Alexander Reinefeld.

I'll be blogging this as soon as I have the URL of the video of the talk.

(in advance of this there was talk at the google conference on scalability

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6526287646296437003&q=erlang+scalable&ei=cZ9oSLiDNIiCiwLL9fGwCA&hl=en

oh and they also seem to have won the SCALE 2008 prize at the
CCGrid conferense in Lyon but there is zero publicity about this AFAICS
)

We (collectively) promised to help Alexander - I promised to provide him with a
rendering engine (in Erlang) for the wikipedia markup language.

Before I start hacking has anybody done this before?

/Joe Armstrong