[erlang-questions] AIX and R12B-3

Perry Smith pedzsan@REDACTED
Mon Jun 16 18:46:34 CEST 2008

I'm new and I'm trying to compile the latest on AIX 5.3.

I get errors:

sys/common/erl_check_io.c:534: error: 'struct erl_drv_event_data' has
no member named 'reqevents'
sys/common/erl_check_io.c:535: error: 'struct erl_drv_event_data' has
no member named 'reqevents'

(there are other similar errors).  In sys/poll.h, for 32 bit
platforms, AIX defines events to reqevents and revents to rtnevents.
Without these defines, I get errors when the poll structure is used in
erl_poll.c.  Why that is being used for AIX, I don't know since select
is the preferred interface on AIX.

I'm assuming that someone has compiled the R12B-2 version for AIX and
something changed between 2 and 3.

I'm poking around trying to figure out how to work around this.  Any
suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,
Perry Smith