[erlang-questions] "erlexec: HOME must be set" error - a build question

Raymond Xiong Raymond.Xiong@REDACTED
Fri Jun 6 09:30:50 CEST 2008

On 06/06/08, Raymond Xiong wrote:
> I am integrating Erlang into a build environment, where people
> ususally unset all env varialbes first and then build, for example:
>
>    $ env - build.ksh
>
> The purpose is to put all needed env variables into build.ksh script
> so that people with different settings can get the same build result.
>
> That unfortunately caused "erlexec: HOME must be set" error when
> I built Erlang, because it assumed HOME env variable should be set.

In case I didn't make it clear, that wasn't a build script error. Instead
it was erlexec(the VM launcher, if I get it right) error. I wonder what
stuff under HOME directory are accessed by Erlang runtime, and can I
ignore it?

Thanks,
Raymond