[erlang-questions] System V IPC under Erlang?

Tim Potter tpot@REDACTED
Tue Jul 15 04:17:32 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 09:11 +1000, Tim Potter wrote:
> Hi everyone.  Before I go ahead and write my own port to System V IPC
> commands, does anyone know of an existing library that can access the
> POSIX System V IPC calls?  Googling "erlang" and anything message
> related brings up a lot of hits.  (-:
>
> (It wouldn't be my first choice for implementing inter-process
> communication but unfortunately I'm stuck with it now).

*crickets*

Well, I've been meaning to figure out how to write driver processes
anyway.

So far writing an Erlang driver is very different from writing
extensions to other languages like Perl and Python.  Once it sunk in
that there's a single message queue to communicate to the port driver
process it all became much easier to understand.

Tim.