[erlang-questions] fyi: Google protocol buffers

Ben Hood 0x6e6562@REDACTED
Wed Jul 9 22:52:05 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 3:41 PM, ERLANG <erlangy@REDACTED> wrote:
> But why not spend some time on more interesting idea : a C full (UBF A/B/C),
> open implementation of UBF?
> Universal Binary Format (UBF) is really worth a try:

I looked at UBF a long time ago and I thought it was a very
interesting idea. What I was wondering is why there seems to have been
so little apparent interest in this (i.e. why hasn't it transitioned
from the POC).

As I said earlier in the thread, I don't think that Google's idea is
particularly new.

The advantage I see in terms of integrating Erlang with other
languages is that there seems to be a budding community of people
writing implementations in other languages. I think this would be a
good thing to piggyback off.

Ben