[erlang-questions] erts design information/experts around?

Paul Fisher pfisher@REDACTED
Thu Jul 3 17:12:27 CEST 2008

I sent the following note to erlang-bugs two days ago and have not seen
anyone comment.

> We have a system where we run lots of linked-in driver ports that get
> created/used/closed frequently and sometimes very quickly.  Today when
> several open_port/2, port_command/2 and port_close/1 cycles happened
> rapid succession, a SIGSEGV occurrect in erl_bif_ddl.c:

> [Switching to Thread 1125235040 (LWP 12087)]
> 0x0000000000449712 in erl_ddll_try_unload_2 (p=0x2aaaab11fc90,
>     name_term=659339, options=46912503328425) at beam/erl_bif_ddll.c:592

This is not the first email about runtime internals that I have sent
which has gone without comment, and so I am wondering if the people with
detailed knowledge of the runtime do not follow these lists.

Is there a better place/way to get in contact?  (What I am really
looking for is a discussion of the overall internals design of the smp
runtime structures, so that I can get a jump start on fixing these types
of thing myself.)

thanks in advance,

--
paul