[erlang-questions] High volume CDR analysis

Christian S chsu79@REDACTED
Tue Jan 15 20:20:11 CET 2008

I spent some time googling these acronyms, and as far as I could
figure out it is:

CDR:  Caller data record
ETL: Extract, transform, load

My guess is that Ukyo gets vendor specific report formats from some
telecom equipment
and need to rectify all to one format that one can use to extract
reports from, for billing
and homeland insecurity.

I'm not sure mnesia is a good fit. But then again I dont know what
kind of system Ukyo
imagined. I got the feeling he would want to store a hundred million
CDRs in mnesia
tables, that seems to require that you know how to rewrite the mnesia
backend to add a
sleepycat db table-type, then not release it because you think it
wasnt done right.

Having a high-availability cluster where each CDR is reported
as-it-happens, updating
an account's usage-data, seems quite doable. But having an actual log
of transactions
for each account is probably important.