[erlang-questions] OTP node config file: set global Vars in node config

Serge Aleynikov saleyn@REDACTED
Thu Feb 21 14:09:02 CET 2008

There's only one repository of configuration data in OTP maintained by
the application_controller on per-application basis.  However, you can
always use file:consult/1 call to have custom configuration read from a
file.  The question is then which OTP application would be responsible
for loading that config data from file?  Once you create such an
application, you may as well stick to the standard OTP application
behavior and use application:get_env/2 for that purpose.

The only exception I recall being when we had a need to implement
something custom on that front was to load application configuration
data and convert it into a compiled bytecode so that key/value lookups
would work faster.

Serge