[erlang-questions] closures and list comprehensions

Harold Ship <>
Sun Feb 17 23:05:51 CET 2008

I'm fairly new to Erlang, and I'm just starting to get the hang of it.

I have a question about using spawn/1, giving it a fun which is a
closure that contains a list comprehension. The example is like this:

my_func([First|Rest]) ->
     Me = self(),
     spawn(fun() -> Me ! do_something([X || X <- Rest, X < First]) end),
	Result ->

My question is, in which process is the list comprehension evaluated?
It seems to me that it should be evaluated in the spawned process but
I can't reason it out.

Thanks in advance,
Harold Ship