[erlang-questions] Erlang OTP .rel file start/supervise application remote node

db masterofquestions@REDACTED
Thu Feb 14 17:50:32 CET 2008

Here is my answer to my own question:

> Does erlang otp and .rel files allow starting/supervising application on
> remote node?

OTP does not support this feature in application level or in process
level where supervisor on a different node and process on remote node.

>If so, how do you define it in .rel file? I have gone through
> all the documentations.  Documentation mainly describes about how to
> start/supervise application on the same nodes.  No mention of
> starting/supervise application on remote node.  Does this mean otp does not
> support it or it's undocumented?

Erlang OTP module supervisor only able to supervise(start/stop/
monitor) process on the same node.  Note, there is no supervisor
support for process on remote node.