Thu Feb 7 18:33:06 CET 2008
while browsing inet_res.erl (from R11B-5 and R12B-0), I found it still
uses ip6.int; to be precise:
gethostbyaddr_tm() calls res_gethostbyaddr(dn_ip6_int(...)) which in
turn translates the address to the DNS key using
dnib(H) ++ dnib(G) ++ dnib(F) ++ dnib(E) ++
dnib(D) ++ dnib(C) ++ dnib(B) ++ dnib(A) ++ "IP6.INT".
It should instead call a function (for niceness called dn_ip6_arpa)
that adds "IP6.ARPA" at the end, although the safe coding method would
be to not rename dn_ip6_int(), I guess.
"IP6.INT" was deprecated with RFC3152 (BCP 49) in August 2001 and
removed with RFC 3596 in October 2003.
(This might explain why my quick inet_res tests in the shell weren't as
successful as I wished - I didn't actually fix inet_res.erl yet and test
More information about the erlang-questions