[erlang-questions] qlc expression help.

Dmitri Girenko Dmitri.Girenko@REDACTED
Mon Feb 11 10:17:31 CET 2008

It looks similar to the problem that I had - the code worked only when
subresult was evaluated.

http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2008-January/032389.htm

maybe the patch here helps?

http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2008-January/032410.htm

________________________________

From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED
[mailto:erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Adam Bozanich
Sent: 11. helmikuuta 2008 5:10
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: [erlang-questions] qlc expression help.

Hi all,

I'm having trouble creating a qlc expression which does what I want.
I'm basically trying to create a filter for QH1 with a predicate that
depends on QH2.
In the example below, test2/0 gives me the result I'm looking for, but
it requires the second QH to be eval'd.  I'd like the expression to look
like what's in the test1/0 function.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Adam

session:
8> test_qlc:test2().
[{1,6,7},{2,8,9}]
9> test_qlc:test1().
[{1,4,5},
 {1,2,3},
 {1,6,7},
 {1,6,7},
 {2,4,5},
 {2,2,3},
 {2,8,9},
 {2,8,9},
 {3,4,5},
 {3,2,3}]

code:

-module(test_qlc).
-include_lib("stdlib/include/qlc.hrl").
-export([test1/0,test2/0,handroll/0]).

-define(DB,[
  {1,4,5},{1,2,3},{1,6,7},
  {2,4,5},{2,2,3},{2,8,9},
  {3,4,5},{3,2,3}
]).
-define(OBJ,[{2,3},{4,5}]).

test1() ->
    qlc:eval(qlc:q([ {O1,C1,V1} ||
                       {O1,C1,V1} <- ?DB,
                       {C2,V2} <- ?OBJ,
                       C1 /= C2,
                       V1 /= V2])).
test2() ->
    qlc:eval(qlc:q([ {O1,C1,V1} ||
                     {O1,C1,V1} <- ?DB,
                     lists:member({C1,V1},?OBJ) == false ])).

handroll() ->
    S = mkset(?DB),
    O = mkobj(?OBJ),
    to_table(difference(O,related(O,S))).