[erlang-questions] trouble getting application to load

Nicolas Charpentier nc@REDACTED
Sat Dec 20 15:38:19 CET 2008

Jed McCaleb wrote:
> So I installed erlang from EPEL on a centos machine. I can't seem to get
> odbc to work on it though. I get:
> 12> application:start(odbc).
> {error,{"no such file or directory","odbc.app"}}
>
> but
> # locate odbc.app
> /usr/lib/erlang/lib/odbc-2.10.2/ebin/odbc.app

> I don't understand how application:load works. How does it know where to
> look for these .app files?
> Thanks for any help,
> Jed.

Hi,

application:load/1 uses the code path to find the app file.
in your erlang shell type:

1> code:add_path("/usr/lib/erlang/lib/odbc-2.10.2/ebin/").
true
2> application:load(odbc).
ok
3>

I never compiled odbc on my computer but I think that you have something
strange with your erlang installation. Usually all code paths are set by
  the start.boot file.
How did you install the odbc application ?

Regards
----
Nicolas  Charpentier
http://charpi.net