[erlang-questions] gen_tcp and gen_server

masahito ikuta cooldaemon@REDACTED
Mon Dec 15 02:49:25 CET 2008

> I am just finally getting my head around OTP, but I need to have a TCP interface on my server.

I recommend you the "kai_tcp_server".

It has the following features:
- Makes it easy to implement concurrent TCP servers,
- Provides typical TCP server behaviours, listen, accept, and so forth,
- Handles multiple requests concurrently by maintaining process pool,
- Supports active as well as passive mode of gen_tcp,
- Based on OTP principles.

A few explanations of it are in the following link.
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/cooldaemon/20081205/1228451785

Sincerely,
Masahito Ikuta