[erlang-questions] Running rb with detached/remsh

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Fri Dec 12 21:13:05 CET 2008

Dan,

I created a patch for that problem a number of years ago:

   http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-patches/2004-April/000099.html

	-Vance

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 06:46:34PM -0500, Dan Milstein wrote:
}  I'm starting up a long-running app with (stripping out a few options):
}
}   > erl -boot start_sasl -detached -sname NODENAME
}
}  And with configs to do rotating logs:
}
}            {errlog_type, error},
}            {error_logger_mf_dir,"log"},
}
}  I'd like to return to that machine, attach to the node, and read the
}  logs with rb().  I'm trying that via:
}
}   > erl -sname test -remsh NODENAME@REDACTED
}
}  And then running rb:start() / rb:list() from the erlang prompt.
}
}  But no matter what I do, rb doesn't show any log activity (even though
}  I know there's plenty there, and can see it in the filesystem).
}
}  Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?  (Or, any ideas on better ways to
}  start up long-running erlang apps and monitor their logs -- is the
}  above The Right Way?).
}
}  -Dan Milstein