[erlang-questions] Running rb with detached/remsh

Dan Milstein dan.milstein@REDACTED
Thu Dec 11 00:46:34 CET 2008

I'm starting up a long-running app with (stripping out a few options):

 > erl -boot start_sasl -detached -sname NODENAME

And with configs to do rotating logs:

          {errlog_type, error},
          {error_logger_mf_dir,"log"},

I'd like to return to that machine, attach to the node, and read the
logs with rb().  I'm trying that via:

 > erl -sname test -remsh NODENAME@REDACTED

And then running rb:start() / rb:list() from the erlang prompt.

But no matter what I do, rb doesn't show any log activity (even though
I know there's plenty there, and can see it in the filesystem).

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?  (Or, any ideas on better ways to
start up long-running erlang apps and monitor their logs -- is the
above The Right Way?).

-Dan Milstein