[erlang-questions] ideas for an iphone app

Joseph Stewart joseph.stewart@REDACTED
Tue Dec 9 15:16:58 CET 2008

Joel,

If high concurrency is what Erlang is good at, I'm not sure the iPhone is
the best target... but it does bring up something that has been brewing
(heretically) in my mind for a few days.
Has anyone considered Inferno -> Erlang interoperability? Inferno has
demonstrated an ability to run in low-end, memory constrained devices. And
while Limbo doesn't look much like Erlang, they do share a bit of philosophy
about concurrency being part of the core language.

I'd propose a server-side game server in Erlang with a client-side in Limbo.

I'm pretty flame-retardant (or just lame and retarded), so bring it on...

-joe