[erlang-questions] Any canonical bandwidth benchmarks for clusters?

Allen McPherson mcpherson@REDACTED
Tue Dec 2 21:02:08 CET 2008

I'm testing some code that is showing terrible bandwidth
on our 40+ node Infiniband cluster (7 MB/sec for a ring benchmark!).
This code is using the IP over IB interface and send big (1+ MB)
messages around (binaries and non-binaries).  MPI code runs
at good rates on this cluster.

Before I post my code I thought I'd see if there were
existing bandwidth benchmarks for distributed Erlang
on a locally connected cluster. Haven't been able to
find any via Google. Does anyone know of, or have, code
that I might use to test.

Lacking other tests I'll put together a longer post with
my code included and maybe someone else with a similar
cluster could run it?

Thanks
--
Allen McPherson