[erlang-questions] Another question on Open source licenses

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Sun Apr 27 23:35:43 CEST 2008

I now have another question on open source licenses.

I am now planning to do some work on leex and fix a bug which some one has
finally definitely found. At the same time I might as well fix up the
licensing and add a simplified BSD copyright to it as well. There is no
problem with the leex source code. What do I do however with an include file
which is included into the generated tokeniser. I would like to include a
copyright in the include file but then that would be included into generated
tokeniser which is not my intention. I am interested in copyrighting *my*
code not what is generated by it, which I consider to be *there* code.

Yecc does it this way so yecc generated parsers include the erlang copyright
notice.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Robert