[erlang-questions] Multiple SCTP associations

Serge Aleynikov <>
Sun Apr 20 04:02:19 CEST 2008

I am not able to reproduce your problem on Fedora Core 8, R11B-5.  Note
that for the sake of example I opened the multi-homed server socket on
two IPs, though this works even if you augment the IPs (e.g.

4> f(S), {ok, S} =
5> gen_sctp:listen(S, true).
6> gen_sctp:recv(S).
7> gen_sctp:recv(S).
8> gen_sctp:recv(S).

1> f(S), {ok, S} = gen_sctp:open([{ip, {192,168,0,14}}]).
2> f(A), {ok, A} = gen_sctp:connect(S, {192,168,0,13}, 1234, []).

1> f(S), {ok, S} = gen_sctp:open([{ip,{192,168,0,13}}]).
2> f(A), {ok, A} = gen_sctp:connect(S, {192,168,0,13}, 1234, []).

3> gen_sctp:send(S, A, 3, <<"Test">>).