[erlang-questions] NEWBIE: GUI tookit binaries for windows?

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Wed Apr 16 13:09:26 CEST 2008

Hi Ken,

We are step by step refreshing the example pages since they contain
very old material which might not work in the more modern versions of
Erlang.
The bouncinig ball example makes use of etk which is no longer part of
the distribution. I have just recently removed this example because of
that.

When it comes to graphics in Erlang that is currently not one of our strenghts.
The included graphics library is called "gs" and it is based on
TCL/TK. This library
is not suitable for making professional looking and behaving GUI applications
and we just try to keep it working as is.
We are working on a new better GUI library based on WxWidgets. You can
fetch and try out the latest version of that work at
http://www.erlang.org/~dgud/wxerlang

/Regards Kenneth