[erlang-questions] binary alignment

Zvi exta7@REDACTED
Mon Apr 14 13:56:29 CEST 2008

Hi,
I wander if it's possible either to create binaries already aligned, say by
512 bytes. Or somehow get actual address of the binary and calculate offset
aligned by 512 bytes (512 bytes is just an example).
In C++ code I doing something like this:

const int ALIGNMENT_SIZE = 512;
const int BUFFER_SIZE = 16384;
unsigned char *pBuffer = new unsigned char[ALIGNMENT_SIZE + BUFFER_SIZE];
unsigned char *pAlignedBuffer = (unsigned char*)( (unsigned
int)(pBuffer+ALIGNMENT_SIZE) & ~(ALIGNMENT_SIZE-1) );

Thanks in advance,
Zvi