[erlang-questions] Open source licenses, which one to choose

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Sat Apr 12 12:10:59 CEST 2008

Well that opened a discussion; apparently I am not the only one who has
wondered about this.

I finally decided to go with the simplified BSD copyright, as used for
example by FreeBSD. This OSI approved and according to them more or less
compatible with the MIT copyright. Also according to the pundits there it
does infringe upon the GPL (at least the *simplified* BSD doesn't) so there
should not be any compatibility problems, and it protects the work as mine
but does not restrict usage.

Thanks for all the help,

Robert