[erlang-questions] Mnesia or memcached?
Sat Apr 12 06:38:46 CEST 2008
I need for an Erlang app a caching solution that does essentially what
1. You tell it the max memory it can use or each node.
2. You insert, lookup and remove objects by primary key.
3. When you look up an object its time stamp is updated to the current time.
4. When you insert an object and the max memory is exceeded, the
oldest object(s) is (are) removed to make room for the new object.
5. The cache is distributed. Each key/value pair exists on only one
node in a cluster and is accessible by all nodes.
Should I try to use Mnesia for this (I don't need transactions --
dirty operations are fine) or should I go with memcached? I know
Mnesia can take care of 1, 3 and 5 but I'm not sure about 1 and 4.
I'll appreciate any feedback.
More information about the erlang-questions