[erlang-questions] newb: Inside Erlang shell, go to directory and compile a module how to?

Alexander Petry petry@REDACTED
Fri Sep 28 19:10:39 CEST 2007

* nintendo <codewalkerjoe@REDACTED> [070928 18:46]:
> I have one questions:
> 1) How do I change directory inside the Erlang shell, so that I can go
> get a file and then compile this module into beam?
>
> My module located in:
> C:\Program Files\myproject\elang\mymodule.erl

When you are in the shell type 'help().' which produces a somewhat long list of
functions that can be called directly within the shell.

The function that changes the current working directory (I think you are
looking for something like that) would be:
	cd(Dir).

You may then simply type 'c(mymodule).' or 'l(mymodule).' to compile and load
or just load if it has already been compiled.

Alex