[erlang-questions] newb: Inside Erlang shell, go to directory and compile a module how to?

DougEdmunds dougedmunds@REDACTED
Sat Sep 29 00:32:56 CEST 2007

go to directory:  cd/1

Use single or double quotes around the new directory.

Windows: you can use forward slashes, like *nix.

1> cd("c:/program files/directory_of_files").

or

Use double backward slashes.

1> cd("c:\\program files\\directory_of_files").

cd/1 returns a string indicating the current directory.
If the directory doesn't exist, it is not an error.

related functions
pwd/0 (working directory).
ls/0 (contents of working directory)

-dae