[erlang-questions] I would never use python (was: separators before end)

Minsloc Tarren minsloc@REDACTED
Fri Sep 21 17:59:06 CEST 2007

python (when not looking at the syntax) is ok. pretty fast, lots of libs,
lot of supported platforms, single form of bytecode for all of them and
people proved you can write pretty much anything in it.

but i really don't like the syntax, mainly the fact that indentation is part
of the syntax and the way oop is glued to the rest of python. zope, plone,
django, and a few other apps nearly got me to learn it, but i always
reconsidered.

is there a someone who knew lisp - for some reason i heard few pretty smart
guys saying that python has a lot in common with lisp, but i don't know
where they keep the parentheses or what is it they share with each other ;-)
- and ruby before he learned python and considers python a worthwhile
addition too his toolbox ?

it's also said that every language opens your mind in another way.
mentioning only the main langs in their respective categories, will python
teach me something new after c, ruby, smalltalk, lisp and erlang (which i'm
still learning) ?

learning something new and important would be probably the only thing that
would force me to start with python ...