[erlang-questions] Setting Yaws process name

Claes Wikstrom klacke@REDACTED
Mon Sep 17 14:39:30 CEST 2007

Dmitriy Gorbenko wrote:

> And the problem that I can't send any message to that process. Then we
> send a message to some node, we specify node name and process name in
> that node. But that name have Yaws process ?
>
> Or how I can set name to process, which Yaws executes.

Well the erlang code executing in the .yaws page can do anything it wants.
It can for example register a short lived name. This is a bit
dangerous though since the process being used in actually reused by
yaws, thus if you register a name it's very important that you also
unregister the name when you're done.

/klacke