[erlang-questions] distel doesn't work on my windows xp. but well on Ubuntu 7.04

krzycube yuxh312@REDACTED
Fri Sep 14 16:05:42 CEST 2007

i copy my issue from distel wiki in googlecode.

*What steps will reproduce the problem?*
0. set up distel: with below code:
(add-to-list 'load-path "D:\\HOME\\distel\\elisp")
(when (locate-library "distel")
(require 'distel)
(distel-setup)
;; (add-hook 'erlang-mode-hook 'distel-erlang-mode-hook) ; now with apt-
get
(add-hook 'erlang-mode-hook
'(lambda ()
(unless erl-nodename-cache
(distel-load-shell))))
(defun distel-load-shell ()
"Load/reload the erlang shell connection to a distel node"
(interactive)
;; Set default distel node name
(setq erl-nodename-cache 'emacs@REDACTED)
(setq distel-modeline-node "emacs")
(force-mode-line-update)
;; Start up an inferior erlang with node name `distel'
(let ((file-buffer (current-buffer))
(file-window (selected-window)))
(setq inferior-erlang-machine-options '("-sname" "emacs"))
(switch-to-buffer-other-window file-buffer)
(inferior-erlang)
(select-window file-window)
(switch-to-buffer file-buffer))))

1. run emacs 22.1 on windows xp pro
2. M-x erlang-mode
3. C-c C-z to run erlang-shell .
4.C-x C-f open some erlang source
5.c(xx.erl,[debug_info]).
5.C-c C-d n , connet to node named emacs@REDACTED as configured before
6.C-c C-d L , try to reload code. then here failed.

here servral steps:
first , can not find ~/.erlang.cookie , then i create it.
why didn't this create itself ?
after this , i face the message below:

*What is the expected output? What do you see instead?*

if: Can't handle event closed in state
derl-recv-challenge-ack
Can't handle event closed in state
derl-recv-challenge-ack

*What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?*
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.5.5 [async-threads:0]

Eshell V5.5.5 (abort with ^G)

on windows xp.

*Please provide any additional information below.*

i have tried distel before on my Ubuntu 7.04 with Emacs 21.3 , it works
well.
but on windows , it doesn't.

and i also try to google this error message , found something ,said:
there's newline in the cookie file , also i try to fix derl.el , but failed
.

--
"Yu Xihe" as Chinese Name
"Martin" as English Name