[erlang-questions] Stand Alone Erlang or Equivalent

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Wed Sep 5 07:58:41 CEST 2007

On 9/4/07, Benjamin Tolputt <bjt@REDACTED> wrote:
> I am interested in this, yes. Does it require an installation of erlang
> to be present or is it "self contained" (i.e. you send the
> self-extracting/self-running archive and it does the rest)?
>
> SAE (discontinued since R9 I believe) has the best implementation I have
> seen, with the single file being all that was required in order to run
> an Erlang application/server. If Joe were ever to get this back into
> working order - he would have many grateful fans (over and above those
> of his book *grin*)

Out of curiosity, what's the problem with a CEAN style solution? It's
a standalone environment that you can move anywhere on the filesystem
and it should still work. Other than the naming of the directories,
it's not much different than how Mac OS X applications are packaged,
and nobody really complains about that.

-bob