[erlang-questions] ANN: ActionScript (ECMAScript 4) to Erlang compiler

Anthony Shipman als@REDACTED
Thu Oct 18 07:26:49 CEST 2007

On Thursday 18 October 2007 08:50, Joel Reymont wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Roberto Saccon and I agreed to collaborate on the ActionScript
> (ECMAScript 4) to Erlang compiler. We will start with the partial
> yecc grammar that Denis Loutrein put together.
>
> The project is open source and hosted at http://code.google.com/p/
> jserl/.
>
> My personal goal is to deliver a working compiler within a couple of
> months since the compiler is part of a bigger project for me.
>
> We do need a better name than jserl, though, so how about suggesting
> something warm and fuzzy? How about the Panda Project?

I've thought of using the SpiderMonkey javascript interpreter as a part of an
Erlang system. The interpreter could be put into a C node and communicate
with the rest of the system via messages.

This might be less trouble if you just need an extension language.

--
Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
als@REDACTED                   grow up to be outsourced.