[erlang-questions] Multiple gen_fsm instances and gen_tcp:accept/1

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed Oct 17 22:07:52 CEST 2007

Joern wrote:

> However I am a little bit unsure how to implement this right: use a
> gen_server with a custom receive loop (I cannot use active receiving,
> the protocol uses yet another funny framing)

Funny framing can be handled by a "middle-man process", which
simply sits between your FSM and the socket, stripping away
the framing. This way, your FSM can deal with nicely formatted
messages. In Erlang, middle-man processes add very little overhead.

BR,
Ulf W