[erlang-questions] More nodes than machines
Wed Oct 17 15:09:37 CEST 2007
This question is directed to Bob Ippolito because he said the
following in the thread on "OCaml vs Erlang":
> A year later we have about 16 machines running 80 Erlang nodes
powering about 16
> different "components" of our infrastructure
1) Why did you choose to use multiple nodes on each physical machine?
- Are your machines multicore?
- Are you using SMP for your erlang nodes?
- Are you using virtualized machines (via Xen, VMWare or other
- What kind of machines are you running (CPU and memory)?
2) Any performance numbers on simultaneous connections or connection
rate per minute sustainable by your mochiweb http server?
More information about the erlang-questions