[erlang-questions] [LONG] How to make synchronous message passing

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Tue Oct 2 14:20:26 CEST 2007

Hi,

One way could be to create a unique reference for each call and send
it together with the request. When waiting for the reply, selectively
receive with the reference as parameter.

Something in the lines of:

 synchro(Pid, Message) ->
     Ref = make_ref(),
     Pid ! {self(), Ref, Message},